Sourdough Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe
Sourdough Croissant Bread Pudding Recipe! This recipe is not for the faint of heart, buttery sourdough croissants, dairy & sugar, you know it’s going to be good! When I make the @tartine sourdough croissants recipe at home, it yields a ton of croissants, so after eating lots of them fresh from the oven, it’s fun to switch it up and make this indulgent bread pudding. I also posted this recipe on my blog if you prefer to read it on there.
Sourdough Croissant Bread Pudding
• 10 cups sourdough croissants, cut into 1” pieces
• 2 cups milk
• 2 cups heavy cream
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup brown sugar
• 3 eggs
• 3 tsp. vanilla extract
• 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1. Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray
2. Place cubed sourdough croissant pieces in the baking dish
3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk, heavy cream, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and ground cinnamon. Whisk until smooth and combined. Pour over the cubed croissants.
4. Cover with foil and refrigerate for 1 hour and preheat oven to 350ºF.
5. Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes, or until golden on top and cooked thoroughly.
Option for Brown Sugar Buttermilk Syrup:
• ½ cup butter
• ¾ cup brown sugar
• ½ cup buttermilk
• 1 tsp. baking soda
• 1 tsp. vanilla extract
1. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar, and buttermilk. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes or until the sugar is completely dissolved.
2. Remove from heat and add baking soda and vanilla extract and serve over bread pudding.